Goals for IEP
Learning to Learn
- ______ will reach out towards one item (with one or two open hands or a point with one fingers) to make a choice when two items are presented to the child (holding them up in front of the child or displayed on a table, tray, floor, etc..) across ___items for__ days.
- ______ will break attention with competing stimuli in the environment and will participate in activity with an adult without exhibiting challenging behaviors for a minimum of __ minutes for __days.
- ______ will follow 1-step verbal directions (i.e. “sit down”, “give me”, “high 5”, “come here”, and “stand up”) without physical prompts (natural gestures are acceptable, e.g. holding hand out when saying “give me”) within 5 seconds of the instructions being given for ___ days.
- While engaged with a social partner, ______ will respond to bids for joint attention by switching his/her gaze between the partner and object by following the partner’s gestures (pointing at the object) or eye gaze (looking in the direction of the object), looking in the direction of a noise made by a toy, or following other attention directing tactics (verbal cue such as “look!” “oohh!” “check it out!”). The child will correctly respond within 5 seconds of the opportunity being provided with each new toy/object for ___ days.
- ______ will imitate __ gross motor movements and __ object imitation actions by engaging in the modeled action within 5 seconds of the model given a verbal instruction such as “do this” “you try” “your turn” or “copy me”. ______ will correctly respond for ___days.